Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lab class from hell

I hereby formally apologize for not showing enough sympathy to people when they said they had a rough, time consuming lab class. I now know your pain. This weekend, I thought that maybe my brain had just been fried from too many weekends of work and that that was why the numbers just didn't make any sense. Today though, I finally emailed my labmates to see if anyone else was encountering the same problem. Turns out, my brain wasn't fried, the numbers really do not make sense. Nothing is more fun then spending part of your weekend feeling like you're banging your head up against a wall.

On a slightly more interesting note, I may be switching departments. My labmates told me that I should switch to biomedical engineering (BME), and when I ran this by my advisor, he agreed without a moment's hesitation. I was surprised that he approved of this plan so quickly. I have to find out exact logistics of this on Tuesday, so hopefully I will know more soon.

AND I got an email saying that they would like to interview me to participate in Texas 4000. The interviews will be held next week and I should know shortly after that whether or not I am selected to participate. Here's the website for the organization: http://www.texas4000.org/t4k/

1 comment:

Rory said...

Switching again. No surprise there. :) Good luck on the Texas 4000. Sounds awesome, but mainly because you get to leave Texas...