Tuesday, October 2, 2007

disc golfers

Due to a lab report for the previously discussed lab class, I altered my usual Tuesday running schedule. My route this afternoon took me along a disc golf course. I've only played disc golf at night at MIT on Michael and Daniel's homemade course with normal frisbees. The disc golfers that I saw today were hard core though. They had special packs they wore as they walked from hole to hole. I noticed that most carried several disc golfs. Is there such a thing as a putting disc? Or a driving disc? Or a wood? And how closely is the latter related to a boomerang?

1 comment:

L said...

ahem. WELL. if you would come and play disc golf with me already you'd you these basics. yes, discs run the gambit from distance drivers, to fairway drivers, mid-range, and putters. i myself own a copious number of discs (i'll leave the exact number to your imagination) though lately i have refrained from taking my bag because i'm probably not good enough to justify it. let me know when you want to go play!