Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Men (and women) in black

Hypothetical situation: You're alarm goes off at 6am and you roll out of bed to go for your run. What goes through your head as you put your clothes on?

In Texas, people's thought processes go something like this: Well, it's 6am and it's still going to be dark for more than an hour (and I'm going to be running for less than that), so I should dress all in black/navy blue/dark green. And I know I run the same route everyday, but that unlit trail is just so gosh darn fun.

Why people think this way, I'm not exactly sure, but I see people who clearly think this way every morning. The sun is not up people! No one can see you! And even if it was light out, why would you think it is a good idea to wear all dark colors? It's late September, sunny most days and temperatures are still in the 90's.

Two suggestions: reflective tape and head lamp.

No comments: