Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rain!

I am still getting used to the weather here in Austin. This morning, I went out for a run. It was lightly drizzling, but I didn't think much of it, so I kept going. Less than 10 minutes later, it starts pouring, and I mean pouring, rain. In Hawaii, whenever I would get ready to leave my house for campus, it would start raining, so I had to ignore it and go anyways. When it started raining harder this morning, I thought, boy, do I wish I had my hat to keep the rain out of my face, but oh well, I'll keep running. Not two minutes after this it starts lightning and thundering, and I decided that maybe it was, in fact, time for me to turn around and go home. At this point, because it has been pouring for about 10 minutes, the trail is completely flooded and there is a waterfall coming down the street I now have to run up. It continues to thunder and lightning all the way home. Lessons learned: (1) Texas rain is not like Hawaii rain. (2) People will drive in the flooding right-hand lane and spray water all over the sidewalk...and the runner who happens to be running on it.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Weather here in the real world is a lot different from Hawaii. Good luck with the transition phase.

Good idea with the blog, dude. Get some pics up so I can see where you live.

Unknown said...

waterfalls...cold waterfall... brr