Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's not one thing. It's the combination.

If there is one thing I have learned in my 26 years, it is that I can handle a lot (I may not always be happy about this, but I digress). The problem is that it is never just one thing. I'm pretty sure the professors get together over the summer and decide what weeks to give exams and what semesters to offer certain classes (all the hard and/or time consuming ones are in the fall because it is football season) and how best to assign 20 hours worth of homework per week for a three unit. While sometimes my brain may feel like a sponge, after spending those 20 hours on a lab report for that three unit class, I think it morphs into something closer to tapioca pudding--no one is really sure what texture it is, but it is definitely not porous. On the plus side though, I have happily slipped back into that state of being in which one can basically fall asleep instantaneously and sleep through just about anything.

I finally started training for the Dallas Marathon which will be held on 12/9/07. After four hours of sleep last night, I got up to go running. I think I forgot to wash my hair during the shower I took afterwards, and when I returned home from class today, I looked down to discover that I had been wearing my running shoes all day (as opposed to the retired pair I normally wear to class). I was proud of myself for staying up working on my lab until 2a and then getting up to go for a run, but the loss of short-term memory this lack of sleep seems to have brought on may indicate that I am getting old. I choose to ignore this small tidbit for now.

And now for some bowling...

2 comments:

Dan said...

Great stuff, Trish. It's nice to be able to see how you're doing, even if we don't have time to talk. I can't wait to see you next month -- we got your response :)

Take care and happy running, studying, cooking, unpacking, etc, etc, etc,
Dan Gonzalez

Camper said...

Girl, you've gone crazy. How is the whole texas thing treating you? Are people showing you the 'southern hospitality'? Keep the blog posts up :-)