Tuesday, July 28, 2009

wetsuits, one of life's greatest joys

i've been swimming and water running a couple days a week recently over at barton springs with michelle (except for last week, but i digress). the last couple times, i've literally turned purple to the point where people comment on my odd hue. well, i finally remembered to bring my wetsuit this morning. holy. freakin. cow. i love my wetsuit. getting in the water was great! i just walked right in, put on my goggles and swam away. water running for half an hour? no problem. actually it was rather enjoyable, and if i didn't have to go land running and to work, i probably would have stayed in longer.

here's to extra insulation!

1 comment:

Beth said...

haha.. i found this one rather amusing as it brought to mind the first (and to date, the last time) i wore a wetsuit. kept me warm, yes. but temperatures aside, the most miserable clothing experience of my life!!! i just have to laugh at the wrestling and squirming and pulling etc etc that occured to get that dang thing on and off. miserable i tell ya, miserable. yet funny all at the same time. glad to hear you are enjoying and putting it to good use!