Friday, July 31, 2009

little people

apparently i have reached that age in life at which lots of my friends are starting to have kids. my friends joann, lisa and carly each had a child earlier this year. i think anna michel had her son sometime this past week. michelle is due in about two months and leya is due sometime later this year. and that's only the beginning.

yesterday, i got to meet claire francis, the daughter of my friends david and christy. claire is about 5 weeks old. she is probably the smallest person i've ever met and just as cute as a button. i've always been kind of timid about holding really small kids, but they handed her over to me and had me figure out the rest. when she started fussing at one point i thought i should hand her back over (ah, she's crying! mom, do something!) but instead christy gave me all sorts of things to try to soothe her. so i got to sit there and try all sorts of things until little claire was happy again. unfortunately i forgot to take my camera out of my bag to get a snapshot of her as she fell asleep on my shoulder. so dang cute!

No comments: