Wednesday, February 4, 2009

when the sun comes up, you'd better be running

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will die. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle; when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." ~unknown

actually, when the sun came up this morning, i was in yoga. my teacher decided to focus on the benefits of plank position this morning. lucky for me i was climbing less than 48 hours ago...which means i'm the midst of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). my upper body is not particularly thrilled with me today and its probably going to be even less happy with me when i get back from climbing tonight.

i went to my first meeting for the hill country trail runners (hctr) last night. that is the name of the ultra/trail running group i recently joined. the guy presenting last night talked about the ultra he organized in nicaragua in december. it looked and sounded awesome. don't be surpised if in the next 9 months or so, you hear that i'm headed to nicaragua to run a 100k.

oh, and in case you were worried about me not running when the sun came up, don't. i went out for a nice 10-miler after yoga.

No comments: