Saturday, October 25, 2008

saturday...work?

i had this great idea to finish my take-home exam by this evening. it could still happen. instead of getting straight to work though i had adventures, and that was significantly more interesting.

i rolled out of bed around 7:30 this morning and was on the road for a nice 20-miler before 8a. i was running loops around town lake so i could watch the regatta. i have no idea how many teams there were, but people were racing the entire time i was out there. i think i even saw brian racing up and down the shore coaching (or maybe just watching today?).

as i mentioned in an earlier post, the goal of this week was to jump my run mileage up. in the past when i have done this, i've generally been moving pretty slowly on my long run at the end of the week. today i finished, stretched, then looked at the clock and sat there wondering if the batteries were dying. despite the fact that i felt like crap for most of the summer, i am a lot stronger because of it. and its not just on the bike. i think its time to make the run mileage go even higher and see what happens. i need to find another ultra to enter too.

anyways, after my run and a quick lunch, my roommates and i went shopping. i am happy to report i actually found things i like and have something to wear at the GHaus party in a couple weeks! i have also discovered halter tops look good with short hair. as an aside, the hairdresser yesterday informed me that i now officially have a pixie hair cut. apparently this was a necessary step in the process of re-growing out my hair, but i thought i might fall out of the chair when i saw how much of my hair she was cutting. yikes!

and now i return my thoughts to generalized stokes equations and the finer points of the relationship between laplace and fourier transforms.

2 comments:

James asked Lori said...

I want pictures of your haircut!

trish said...

Working on it :) I should have pictures up soon from carving pumpkins!