Wednesday, October 1, 2008

but apparently my brother will be

i made a post yesterday with a cartoon about the economy crisis. my brother (who is a trader) then calls me last night and says yeah, so we thought they weren't do any layoffs in my department, but i may not have a job by the end of the week. i was going to try and be consoling, but then he told me that if that happens he's going to try and play professional volleyball in europe for a bit. while i would never hope for anyone to lose their job, my brother sounds pretty excited about his backup plan and i can't exactly say i'm not supportive of the idea. in fact, i think he'd really enjoy it. so now i'll just hope that whatever happens this week happens for the best.

while we on the phone i told him about a bit of a pickle i seem to have gotten myself into. actually, it would probably be more correct to say i've been in this pickle for a couple years it just didn't occur to me that i should be concerned until recently. regardless, this incident confirmed a suspicion i had. sometimes a cup of tea will not solve every problem. however, talking to your sibling and having them make fun of the whole thing and how you got yourself into whatever pickle you're in in the first place will. i went to sleep last night chuckling at the ridiculousness (at times) that is my life.

only four days left until the half-ironman. the last report i heard was that the water was still too warm to wear wetsuits (yeah!). i've been keeping an eye on the weather though and the highs for the day seem to be dropping heading into the weekend. if we get weather in the low to mid 80s (which at this point is what is predicted) i'll be thrilled. my taper seems to be going well. my legs feel alright and i feel smooth in the water. arguably i should have done some open water swims in freshwater (all my open water swimming has been in the ocean), but i'm not out to set any records on sunday, so it'll be a good learning experience.

No comments: