Tuesday, March 3, 2009

photos

my housemate jakub and i at trudy's

this whole resolution to put more pictures in my blog is making me not write as frequently. it has been a pretty exciting last week. rory came to town and i was able to spend some time with him and his friend jim. saturday was a work day for my coop and after a very chilly 20-mile morning run, i had the good fortune to be outside working in the garden for the rest of the day. saturday night my housemates and i did the usual post-work day trip to trudy's, a local restuarant and bar with yummy mexican food.

my housemate leo and i enjoyed the queso at trudy's

sunday was the austin kite festival. it is just like it sounds. the city closes the streets through zilker park and thousands of people go fly kites. it was gorgeous afternoon but there wasn't as much wind as was needed to fly a heavier kite. after many attempts, we gave up and decided to just watch all the other kites. unfortunately i don't have pictures of this because although i brought my camera, it turned out the battery wasn't charged. don't worry, i remedied that problem last night, so now i don't have any excuses.

i recently started reading the art of happiness by the dalai lama. i'm learning a lot from it, but i also feel like i'm reading someone explaining my life (or maybe the way i deal with life). its fascinating. and it makes sense. i'll try to give a full report and/or impression when i finish.

leo (my housemate seen in one of the above pictures) is from brazil and he's heading home tomorrow, so there will be much celebrating and merrymaking tonight (to celebrate his time here, not to celebrate him leaving).

1 comment:

Rory said...

Cool, some pictures. I appreciate them.