Saturday, December 22, 2007

home

i've been in hawaii for almost a week now. it feels amazing to be back if only for a short time. yes there is the whole sun and warmth bit (which don't get me wrong, is great), but i have been most excited to see the people. two of my good friends have also been here (one still lives here, the other is back visiting as well) and i have gotten to spend a lot of time with them. as we haven't all been together in over 6 months, all the really inappropriate jokes, witty commentary and drawn out analyses on movies have all been shared at once, which has made for a rather amusing past few days. i have been out eating lots of yummy food, shopped, swam at Kaiko's and Waimea, hiked Ka'au Crater and run Tantalus. a professor at UH also informed me of her scheme to have me come back as a professor in a couple years when i am done with my degree (which i am all for). monday night is a full moon, which means tonight and tomorrow night are fair game for night hiking, surfing and swimming (and maybe some skinny dipping?). it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Rory said...

I hate you. It is freezing here.