Sunday, December 9, 2007

boston bound 2008

i ran the dallas marathon today in 3:28:34 (chip time). this was a pr and boston qualifying time, so i will be heading back to beantown again in 2008. in general, it was a pretty crappy day outside. it was cold and drizzling. about 3 miles into the race i started getting hot and thought about taking my long sleeve shirt off, but then we started running around white rock lake. the wind picked up and i couldn't feel my right hand and lower arm for the better part of 10 miles. i was glad i kept my shirt on! i started out with the 3:30 pace group and ran with them for the first 9 miles or so and then picked up the pace and just maintained. i think my splits were almost dead on for the first and second halves which was awesome. here are the stats: 450th place overall (446th based on gun time), 45th female overall (44th based on gun time) and 8th in the f25-29 age division (out of 252). for the gender and age division finishes I was in the top ~3% and overall I was in the top 11%.

see you in boston :)

1 comment:

Rory said...

Great job! I ran this morning. It was -2 C. I will save you the math. 28 F. Spains cold but beautiful. You are amazing, qualifying for Boston again. Maybe one day I can run with you...