Monday, September 28, 2009

hello monday

my ankle still doesn't feel quite right from the injury (if you can call it that) i got on my birthday back in july. its still bigger than my other ankle and when i stretch it a certain way it hurts. so i decided that it was time to go get it checked out.

now, i know its monday morning and that lines and/or call wait times at doctors' offices are long so i went into my call to the doctor expecting to wait. i got a busy signal for a good 20 minutes or so and the answering service finally picked up and put me on hold. eventually (20-30 minutes) i got to talk to a human who informed me that she couldn't make an appointment for me until i talked to a nurse, so she transferred me and i waited some more until the i was on hold so long the doctor's line kicked me off. i called back and got on hold again.

by the time a nurse actually answered the phone, i had been on hold for a total of 75 minutes in addition to the 20-30 it initially took me to get into the machine answered part of the system. my conversation with the nurse lasted less than 5 minutes and that included her looking to see what appointments my doctor had available. i know that one has to be patient, but putting a patient on hold for 75 minutes just to get an appointment seems a tad excessive. oh monday.

1 comment:

Christy said...

boo! i hate it when that happens, then i get terribly angry. good luck w/ getting your ankle back to mint condition!