Friday, September 4, 2009

bust a cap


yesterday morning, a little voice told me to put an extra swim cap in my backpack. i didn't listen. so of course, i got to the pool and it ripped when i tried to put it on. i put on a headband instead and then went for my swim. i suddenly felt very grateful for my short hair.

school is off to a good start. things are busy already. lecturing for my advisor the first day of class went well. i get to give a guest lecture in another class on running biomechanics in a couple weeks. i'm pretty excited for it.

my only cause for concern at the moment is my hip. i mentioned in my race report that my hip flexor froze up at about 55 miles. well, that hurt for two days, getting dramatically better after about 24 hours. when i started running again last week, it didn't bother me at all. well, this week i got back on the bike. even 20 minutes on my trainer will make that poor hip flexor tender when i walk. an hour on the trainer makes it sore when i walk for the better part of the day. if i run, however, it doesn't bother me at all. go figure.

i'm excited for the next month or so. i don't really have any single reason why. there's just a lot going on in all aspects of life.

1 comment:

Beth said...

bummer... that looked like a fun cap too, with the humu on it.
and your geust lecture sounds fascinating, wish i could sit in on that one!