Tuesday, January 15, 2008

tuna and jelly sandwiches

don't knock them before you try them. sometime in the last few years, i was told that from a nutritional perspective, the best recovery food is a tuna and jelly sandwich. it has carbs (simple and more complex carbs), protein and a little bit of fat. today, one of my housemates came in from a workout and asked me what the best recovery food was, so i promptly responded that it was a tuna and jelly sandwich. here's the catch though, while i knew that in theory it was the best recovery food, i had never met anyone that had actually tried it. but my roommate, trusting soul that he is decided to go for it. as a couple of us sat around watching, he informed us that it was actually not too bad. so i went out for my run and then fixed myself a tuna and jelly sandwich. i have to say that i agree with my roommate on this one. it's actually pretty good. bon appetit!

1 comment:

Rory said...

That is a very pretty dress! After reading your blog, reading Ben's swimming advice and thinking of how I let Matt beat me twice last year, I am ready to start training again. But the pizza and wine love to get in my way!