Wednesday, November 10, 2010

direction

my part of my life got some new direction yesterday. the device i had been working on with the mechanical engineering machine shop is almost done. the design and components are finally complete, but we're waiting for new parts to come in and tweaking some of the code used to control it. this is after over a year of waiting for it to be done. while its great that its finally done, its a tad too late for me to use it to do that part of my originally proposed dissertation and still graduate...so we scrapped 2 of the 3 aims i proposed for my dissertation.

i am now working on a revised dissertation proposal which i have to send around to my committee this week for their approval...and hopefully they do in fact approve it! its weird though to all of a sudden be doing something completely different from what i had been planning to do for a couple years now. at the very least, i am excited to be moving forward again as opposed to waiting on other people to get things done so that i can do what i need to do.

No comments: