Monday, November 16, 2009

passed!

i passed my qualifying exams last thursday. its been kind of surreal. i'm glad to have that hurdle out of the way though. i actually got 8 hours of sleep for the first time in a couple months on thursday night.

friday night, brooke, jason, eric and i went out to dinner and then wandered around south congress. brooke and jason showed us this neat little hotel that was nest in a neighborhood a block off of congress. we walked onto the grounds and there was an amazing calm there. experiences like this seem to abound in austin. there are all sorts of gems to explore around every corner. before we went home we stopped at the cupcake trailer (on s. congres), bought cupcakes and then sat and listened to bluegrass. it was a very enjoyable "austin" evening.

apparently people don't like running with me. they tend to come running with me once and say they're find...and then later i find out they call it a death run. well, two weekends ago eric came out running with me, called it a death run and then i just assumed that was the end of it. until friday night, he made a comment to the effect of 'after we go running tomorrow...' that just about blew me out of the water. so he came running with me again this past weekend, this time for a little longer. i've never had someone come running with me repeatedly like this. its fun.

later saturday afternoon, i got to experience ikea for the first time. its kind of neat how they lay out all the show rooms/kitchens/etc. i definitely recommend allowing a decent amount of time to take it all in though. the store is huge!

i have my last mid-term tomorrow. back to studying for me.

2 comments:

Bolinfeed said...

Congratulations Trish -- that's huge! Though soon I guess I'll have to get used to calling you Dr. Trish :)

trish said...

Thanks! Don't worry though you still have a couple more years before you have to call me Dr. Trish :)