Friday, August 28, 2009

wet tshirt contest

the forecast yesterday called for two lightning bolts. i decided this was a good sign. it proceeded to be very sunny all day though...until i went for my run. it started pouring rain, thundering and lightning as soon as my housemate hilda and i stepped off our front porch. all of this stopped when we stepped back onto our porch 33 minutes later. go figure.

running in the rain is such a treat. we were soaked to the bone and it felt fantastic. i was mildly amused however when a car drove by and caused a small wave of water to come up about knee high on me. i turned to look at the car and the girl in passenger seat had turned to look at me, laughing. i stood there wondering why the driver and his passenger thought it was so funny. i was clearly already soaked. as if a little extra water from a puddle was going to cause me to frown. people are strange.

my advisor is out of town at a conference right now, so i got to fill in for him the first day of class. i thought he wanted me to simply hand out the syllabus, but tuesday in lab meeting he informed me that he wanted me to give a lecture too. the lecture went really well. i talked briefly about biomechanics and then jumped into a review of vectors. i like teaching. its fun. i might really be stuck in academia forever.

No comments: