Friday, April 24, 2009

hold your own. know your name. go your own way.

and everything will be fine.

the title and line above are lyrics to a song i have been listening to a bunch lately. i heard it for the first time sitting out in hopkinton in the athlete's village before the start of the marathon on monday. at first i just liked the rhythm of the music--very mellow, very calming. ironically, once i started listening to the words i realized that i should listen to the advice.

i was going through my books last night figuring out what to take to half-price books and trade in, and i came across my journal from last year. reading through the entries from last summer, i found myself kind of amazed at what i had written. i wouldn't consider myself wise, but at least from the vantage point at which i currently sit, there was wisdom in my assessment of various situations at the time (it wasn't intentional). and i think that those insights apply to the present as well.

No comments: