Thursday, June 5, 2008

twas the eve before day 1

and all through my room, not an article of stuff was present, not even a shoe. well, that's not exactly right, but you get the idea. we officially leave austin in less than 24 hours. i got up this morning and went for a quick 5-miler. after an even quicker breakfast, i tossed my running shoes and the last random items into my bag and headed off to the storage shed to drop off my bag. rockies team represent...all 19 rockies riders who will start the ride tomorrow (one will be joining us a week late) had their stuff at the shed by 10:30a. then we commenced the oh-so-fun activity of packing the trailer. this is it.

this afternoon i met with my advisor to tie up any lose ends on my research and then i gave my car to a friend from college to "take care of" for me over the summer. he and another friend from college will be making sure my car manages to have some fun but not get into too much trouble. i then had a 2-hour meeting to go over last minute logistics for the summer. in the middle of the meeting i got a phone call informing me that i will actually be speaking at the send off tomorrow morning from the fountain/campus. awesome!

1 comment:

Rory said...

Go Tricia Go!!