Saturday, March 15, 2008

unseasonably hot

so today and yesterday were forecast as 'unseasonably hot and dry.' as i am still in my first year in texas, i didn't really know what this meant...well, it turns out it meant 100 degrees at 6:30p, and temperatures in the 90s for most of the day. yikes! at night, i always leave one of my windows open to get a cross breeze and last night was no different. i'm not a huge fan of bugs and when i started sleeping with the window open (and no screen), i had been a little worried about bugs flying right on into my room. no bug had flown in during the last couple months though, so i thought i was in the clear. that is until i awoke after 8 glorious hours of sleep this morning to the sound of buzzing. there were two huge wasps flying about my room. normally, i don't like getting out of bed quite that fast, but i sprang out of bed this morning and commenced wasp killing. my weapons of choice? a yoga mat and book on landscaping in texas. ironic, huh? i think i need to find some screens to go into my windows!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can make some screens. Yeah, the warmer it gets, the more active insect is... Glad your blogs are back! :-)