Saturday, November 15, 2008

traffic lights

traffic lights are the enemy of the cold runner. i had been hearing rumors that it was supposed to get "cold" here this weekend. i headed out the door for my run this morning in tri shorts, a tshirt and a long sleeve dri fit top. i was chilly but comfortable for the first mile, until i had to stop and wait for a traffic light to change. brrr! i run in place or up and down the sidewalk while waiting for traffic lights to change, but holy smokes am i glad it wasn't colder!

today has been turning out to be one of those beautiful fall days. the leaves are definitely now changing colors. i'm seeing more red and yellow everyday, and i can definitely enjoy a warm cup of tea at noon and not feeling like i'm going to overheat. its kind of fun. the topics for our tea conversation today: interracial/cultural marriages and secularism (or lack there of) in europe and the us.

i have this stubborn personality quirk that if i've committed to doing something, i want to see it through and do it to the best of my ability. well, i finally decided that sometimes, its just not worth it. i was supposed to be at a meeting tomorrow night and really not looking forward to it. so i finally just contacted the person running the meeting and said i'm happy to be a resource in the future, but i'm not coming. my attendance simply would not be good for me right now...that and i have a ton of work to do. i'm only down one problem set and one lab report since the last work update and am currently trying to finish up another of each. back to work for me!

2 comments:

James asked Lori said...

Today I was seriously wishing you were around to kick my butt into shape and make me work out... or at least convince me of the general goodness of doing so. I need you in the gym saying, "Lori, lift that bad boy one more time..." This is my way of saying I miss ya sometimes and even more other times.

trish said...

free encouragement is always just a phone call away :) i was thinking about all the palace roomies last night as my roomies here and i had a chick-flick night. the feature? ps i love you--recommended to me by beth when i saw her last month. great recommendation! and i miss you too lori!