Wednesday, November 5, 2008

one month to go

as i sat in class today listening to a professor describe the problem set he is going to give us in the next week, my mind started to wander to my school to-do list for the remainder of the semester. by december 5, which is 30 days from today, i will have to complete 4 lab reports, 1 take-home exam, 2 problem sets and 2 final projects. lest you think my semester will be done after completing this to-do list, never fear. on december 10th, i have a final. sigh. when december 5 hits though, my attention will be able to turn back to research. i need to write a paper that will likely be submitted for pulication sometime in january. way to start the new year running!

speaking of running, i didn't do my morning run this morning. yesterday my leg got more and more stiff and painful as the day went on, and i think i pulled my deltoid muscle too because i couldn't take notes in certain positions because it made my arm hurt. walking across campus after class was one of the least pleasant experiences i've had in awhile and confirmed that i was no longer going to go out with people to watch the election coverage. instead, i hobbled home and glued myself to the tv with some of my housemates. an early night to bed and a slightly later wake up time this morning did a world of good though. i woke up not stiff and in a lot less discomfort than i was in yesterday. i went for a run this evening, and though it was slow, i finished with no problem. the body's ability to heal itself is a constant source of amazement to me.

yeah obama!

No comments: