Thursday, September 10, 2009

masters

i realized recently that the last year has involved a lot of me getting back into the habit of doing things that i really enjoy which, for whatever reason (namely lack of hours in the day), i stopped doing when i moved to texas. this morning my alarm clock went off at 4:45a. i layed there for a few minutes knowing that i should get up, but thoroughly enjoying the warmth of my blankets in my rather chilly room. i finally got up and after getting dressed and applying contacts, i hopped on my trainer and commenced riding for an hour. it was too early to read and i hadn't charged my ipod, so i just thought. the more i rode, the more i started to wake up.

after an hour, i put on my bathing suit and running shoes and ran over to the texas swim center to join michelle for swim practice. it was an internal struggle to stop after ~2 miles and not keep going just to get in an even 4000yds. after swim practice, i put my running shoes on and ran back to the house.

its pretty incredible how you can train your body to go long distances and that it remembers how to do it even if you haven't done something in awhile. when i got back on the bike last week, my legs just started spinning at ~90rpm. i don't even have to think about it anymore. swimming is the same thing.

the training lesson i learned this week was that doing anything after getting off the bike seems to help my hip stay loose. tuesday i went right to yoga for 75 minutes after riding and today i ran to swim practice.

on a school related note, my professor informed us today that thus far in class (two weeks?) we'd covered an entire semester of undergraduate dynamics. as i never took undergrad dynamics, i smiled. this is going to be a tough class. in the meantime, if you ever need to do dynamics calculations on bicycles, robots, the art at the porter square t-station or airplanes taking off of ships, i should be able to help.

No comments: