Wednesday, December 3, 2008

party in the moonlight, dance until the sunrise

unfortunately that's not what i've been doing lately. its the last week of classes and i'm trying to finish my two term projects. this should be easy, yeah? well, i was sitting in the airport sunday night waiting for my flight back to texas and working on one of my papers. my power adaptor fell off the arm rest of the chair i was sitting in and all of a sudden, both the adaptor and my computer went black...and my computer wouldn't turn back on. i almost had a heart attack. i let my computer rest for about 15 minutes, at which point it still wouldn't turn on, so i started calling people i knew who might have some idea of what happened. while on the phone with my brother i decided to just take the battery out and put it back in (i didn't blow on it though). whatever was wrong was solved by this remove and return to previous position technique.

last night, i got home from class and am all set to work and then my adaptor stops working. less than 45 minutes later, at 8:45p, my laptop battery runs out. i sigh, hoping i can fix my adaptor, but it doesn't start working again until sometime this morning. in the interim, i realized that i hadn't emailed myself the most recent version of the paper, and thus, all my work was on a computer that couldn't turn on. well, the adaptor magically worked today during class when i needed it too. whew!

last weekend was both a good and a bad thing. it was nice to see friends from college; however, it also made me grateful for something i had been not liking for the last couple months. i had wanted time (if only a few days) to chill out before school had started but i didn't get it. well, being away from here made me realize what that would have been like. i'd have had time to think. not good. i brood over things, which is a terrible habit, and going non-stop with school and being constantly doing something with my roommates has actually been really good for me.

i did a brief cost-benefit analysis of plane tickets for winter break the other day. the result was that i think i should just drive to california. that way i can take a bike with me and bring both the bike and my skiis back with me in january. it might take a bit longer to drive, but i could stop a couple places along the way and maybe actually get to see zion national park...or stop in colorado and ski too! the mainland made me restless again. go figure.

i'm focusing. really, i am.

No comments: