Thursday, July 12, 2012

inner harbor


felicty takes in the uss constitution at the inner harbor

yesterday morning i went out for a walk and felt lonely.  after walking around with a wee person in me for 9 months and during that time also having eric with me frequently for longer runs, it felt weird to be out for a walk by myself.  so this morning, i brought miss felicity with me (and let eric steal a few precious hours of sleep!).  we did an early morning tour through the city and then walked along the inner harbor for a bit.

baltimore is definitely being blessed right now with cooler weather (sad that "high of 92" is cool, isn't it?) which makes leaving the air conditioning much less painful.  i am sometimes finding myself missing the cool mountain air that i have had the fortune to spend so much time in the past several summers for races.  eric and i are starting to look for job and school options for 2013 when my postdoc is done.  i find myself wondering if and/or how we can manage to have ourselves end up somewhere west with mountains and/or ocean!

No comments: