Wednesday, December 2, 2009

i hate being sick

so i finally went to the doctor yesterday and he said i had some sort of post-flu bronchial inflammation or something like that. i ran a few miles on monday morning and thought i was going to hack up a lung afterward, and i ran a few miles this morning...but otherwise, i haven't really done anything since thanksgiving day. and now its messing with my body.

i've always heard people say that when they start working out they feel like they eat all the time. well, i consider that normal. my appetite has died in the last week and its rather disorienting. that and i'm definitely starting to notice the lack of active meditation time in my life. it makes me grumpy.

on a brighter note, i have recently gotten more sleep in one night than i did in three nights earlier this semester. and my lungs and cough are starting to feel a bit better. ironically all of this combined with having had unstructured training this semester has made me itchy to race again. and its made me very itchy to be back on the trails.

No comments: